By way of Jeff Maggioncalda, Coursera CEO
We’re devastated and outraged by means of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine. We stand with Ukraine and our final worry is for the security of the folk in that area. Coursera believes finding out is the supply of human growth and we’re dedicated to making sure freshmen all over the place have get entry to to the very best quality schooling. On the other hand, we can no longer toughen the monetary or reputational advantage of Russian instructors or establishments on Coursera whilst this tragedy is going down, nor will we glance to make the most of doing industry within the area amid this humanitarian disaster. In consequence we’re postponing all industry in Russia.
We’re taking the next motion with reference to industry in Russia:
- We’re postponing all content material from Russian college and trade companions together with lessons, Specializations, and levels. Content material from Russian companions will not be discoverable or to be had on Coursera’s platform for brand new enrollments.
- We’re halting additional industry with Russian establishments throughout Coursera for Trade, Coursera for Govt, and Coursera for Campus.
- We consider get entry to to schooling is a human proper. As such, Coursera will stay to be had in all areas the place there isn’t a central authority sanction. On the other hand, we’re postponing the power for freshmen in Russia to join paid path reports and we can no longer be accumulating fee from any freshmen or establishments in Russia.
We’re supporting freshmen in Ukraine within the following tactics:
- We’re partnering with the Ministry of Training and Science of Ukraine to provide Coursera for Campus free of charge to all Ukrainian upper schooling establishments and their scholars. Universities and faculties in Ukraine can signal as much as supply all in their enrolled scholars with get entry to to greater than 5,200 lessons and a pair of,200 Guided Initiatives from Coursera’s best college and trade companions. Sign up your institute right here.
- Our Coursera for Refugees program is to be had free of charge to nonprofits all over the world together with the ones actively operating to toughen Ukrainian refugees such because the United Countries Prime Commissioner for Refugees and the Global Rescue Committee. To be told extra about how to enroll, consult with refugees.coursera.org.
- For people coming to the Coursera platform, maximum lessons are loose to audit and freshmen who display monetary want can obtain monetary help or a scholarship waiver via Coursera. To use, click on the “Monetary Assist to be had” hyperlink at the path description web page.
Impacted freshmen and establishments must be expecting to look those adjustments mirrored beginning nowadays. To be told extra in regards to the rising humanitarian disaster in Ukraine, join free of charge in College of Michigan’s Russian Invasion of Ukraine Educate-Out on Coursera, which covers the historical past of warfare between Ukraine and Russia, the affect of Russia’s army invasion of Ukraine, and what you’ll do to toughen folks at the floor.